View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #35
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
I am going to my dealer and check out the tires on the Montanas he has in stock. If they are Missions, I will not take delivery of my new Montana unless the tires are changed out for a better brand. Safety has to be Keystone's first concern, as it is mine and every responsible driver's. If it isn't, they need not be concerned with my business. Fixing a tire problem is easy! Buy proven quality. Pass on the cost. It will be a very small extra charge on the price of a new rig. Bad tires kill people, just ask Firestone. The reports here, in this forum, should be enough "evidence" to tell them they have a problem. Guys, Firestone's liability costs were nothing compared to the drop they suffered in market share. You want to keep boasting you are #1, fix it.

With regard to foreign products; As we have found out where I work, certain products from certain countries have very poor quality. Some buyer thought he was real smart and saved a bundle on chain we use on our navigational aids. Then we started getting premature failures. Our field people and their union invoked OSH regulations and refused to work with the product. We had the chain tested and more than 50% was substandard grade steel. It cost us mucho dinaro to change it out with good NA steel. Moral? A good price now can end up being a bad price down the road.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote