View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 03:44 AM   #22
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SlickWillie

Question for you, Glenn. I am assuming your truck has the OEM size; 245 75R X 16 tires. Will these mount up OK on the RV rims? Seems I read somewhere about that particular size being for wider rim widths. Any problems? Seems the steel wheels on the Mountaineer are 6" width, but I could be wrong. Are the OEM aluminum on the Montana's wider? Just curious, as I will be needing new tires on the TV in a few months. The Missions have always made me nervous. I feel the Chinese cut too many corners to keep the price on their products down. I am no tire expert by any stretch of the imagination.
Going back to my previous reply....
Quote:
quote:As soon as I get a few more thousand more miles on my TV's Michelin's I will be buying 4 new tires for the TV and put the used Michelin's on the Monty.
I should have also added...I will put the TV's tires on the Monty only after I have fully investigated the overall size; width/height and load range of both the TV's OEM tires and the Missions. I will also be looking at the wheel, width and load range capacity, before making the move.

For those of you that still have the LT235/75R16 E on your Monty you can replace them with the GM's LT245/75R16 E. The height and width difference is minuscule and the load capacity is exactly the same and the wheel width is within a 1/2 inch.
Had I kept by 04 2955RL this was exactly what I was going to do.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote