View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 06:33 AM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
We have 2 Cummins Onan P4500i Inverter Generators that have worked absolutely flawless for us for over 3 years now. I run them in parallel for full 50 amp service. They are not the cheapest, but I've not had a single issue with either of them. Look them up.

Some forum members swear up and down that the Westinghouse 4500 is the same identical unit as the Onan and cheaper. I cannot qualify that claim, all I can qualify is the fact that mine have worked well, no issues, still run very quiet, and have done everything I needed them for. When running in parallel, there is absolutely no difference operating anything in the Montana than when I'm plugged into 50 amp shore power service.

I also use them for running power tools when I'm not near power company supplied electricity. Of course, they get used the most at home when we have power outages. We don't boom dock. And yes, when traveling, I now travel with them inside the camper. I have 2 ramps I use to wheel them in and out the camper door so I do not need help lifting them. In the winter (when we are home), they are stored inside the house. We have NEVER had gasoline smell.

We purchased one for our neighbor for power outages. She's widowed and lives with her (now) 10 year old daughter alone. She also stores hers inside the house (actually in the space between the kitchen and the living room) and been doing that for over a year now. She also has absolutely no gasoline smell. She does do boomdocking with a horse trailer with living quarters. She has 2 horses. She takes the Onan with her and told me it works wonderful when camping. She has thanked me a dozen times for that gift! (The daughter does horse riding competitions).
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote