View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 04:58 PM   #1
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Grrrrr: Good Sam Roadside assistance

After driving about the last 80 miles to our campground in Hot Springs Arkansas at 50 mph or less we checked in, set up our rig and called Bad Sam roadside assistance. The front end of our F-250 was shaking badly for a couple hours while towing our 32121rl.
At 3 in the afternoon, I had found a local repair business open Saturdays who was willing to take a look and hopefully fix our tow vehicle. Then I called Bad Sam and got a computer generated message to work through. They sent me an email link which I filled out. Waited about an hour and finally got a call from a Bad Sam rep. She asked the same questions I had answered on the text form and gave me the name of the closest repair facility and asked if that was ok. I said no as I wanted it towed to the NAPA shop which is the only place open and working Saturdays here. She said there would be an additional charge. When I asked how much she said the tow driver will “secure” the vehicle and let me know then……Sorry folks but at that time I blew up. The Napa shop is 3.3 miles from here and the other shop is 3 miles. She told me the towing only covers 2 miles or the closest shop. As the gentleman I normally try to be, I said to cancel my request and to cancel my contract. I understand that when the vehicle is “secured” we are essentially at their mercy and probably won’t even get a kiss out of the deal!

What say you? This is my first and only experience with using a roadside service contract.
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote