View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 02:14 PM   #7
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
The best trip we ever took (and there have been many) was in 2018, for 61 days. We went to Sudbury, ON, UP Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Washington State, Vancouver Island, to mainland BC and back home across Canada. I had to make reservations for the ferries, a train trip and an Antelope Canyon tour. I figured since all that was carved in stone, I may as well make reservations for the campgrounds too (those we were able to).

This was the best trip we ever took, not just for all the great scenery and new friends we met, but also knowing most nights that we had a place to stay. We had planned on three Walmarts, but at the last minute changed our minds due to the heat. We were able to find a campsite both nights. The places I could not reserve, we hoped for the best. In one of them, we took the last site.

There are pros and cons to winging it for campgrounds vs. reserving, and we have done both. We prefer the reservations because it takes the stress out of finding something at the last minute. Doing all your homework ahead of time also means you have time (and internet) to check all the reviews, etc.

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote