View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #18
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
Doh. I never thought of using the antifreeze method. We often camp in provincial parks that lack water and waste connections.
We carry 6 x 6-gallon plastic water jugs and a big towable waste unit. Every two or three days, I transfer the waste into the towable unit and head down to the water/dump station. I empty the waste, clean the waste unit, then fill the water jugs on the tailgate. Back at the rig, I have to wrestle the jugs into pouring position and tip them into the tank via the manual fill opening. A bit of work, but it's pretty fast because there are no narrow hoses to slow down the flow. I bought a bladder to try it, but discovered that it's too heavy when full to place on the bed locker panels and I'm reluctant to try it on the roof of the Sierra. I've discovered that filling the tank via the city water connection and the fresh tank fill diverter is very slow. But, it seems like combining the antifreeze fill with the bladder, placed on the truck bed, might work well. Slow won't matter so much if I don't have to change out the jugs.
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote