View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #17
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
I adjusted mine be taking a cheap open end wench bending the end 90 degrees. It will fit up above the door where the adjustments are. It is quite easy, just have patience.
On our trip to the desert in January I notice it was WAY out of adjustment and I thought the adjuster had come clear loose. But upon closer examination I noticed end of the track behind the pantry had come loose from the upper mounting bracket.
Here is how I was able to repair it.
1.Empty the pantry, you need room
2.remove the upper trim from the top of the pantry
3.remove screws holding the top of the pantry which gives you access to the problem
4.then I carefully marked where that top met the wall, then trimmed the the wall down to 1/2 above mark to allow enough room to get electric screwdriver into reinsert longer and more screws. Make sure the screw heads are flush with track or the door will not open. (Don't use screws too long or you will than have a roof repair)
5. Put the top of pantry and trim back into place.
6. Clean up sawdust and debris
7. Replace items back in pantry in exact place DW had them
That's how I fixed mine. The back wall of the pantry went up about 10 inches above the actual top of the pantry. That's why I trimmed it down some which allowed access to the loose track.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote