Thread: Purchasing used
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #9
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
We bought our '10 last spring this month. We weren't actually looking for a Montana, but LOML really liked the floorplan and the unit inspected very well (I used a modified RV Consumer's Group checklist). We've put about 6k miles and two months worth of camping on it thus far with nothing adverse happening.Our inspection brought out the old Marabomb tires and an un-vented second battery case that we fixed in the first month or so of ownership. The only issues I had to correct that were not found in PDI were a corroded rear top marker light and some dried 'stuff' in the black tank. Overall, I really don't think the previous owners used it more than a few times as there was very little wear and tear anywhere.

I don't know as anything's better in earlier or later models, although I've seen some 'features' I personally don't like on the newest ones. I really do believe that ANY brand and model should be thoroughly inspected before buying, just as anyone should inspecting a house before buying it.