View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 05:22 AM   #16
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jlb27537

We took a slightly different route. Bought it at ACE, but everyone has it. The vinyl sheet stuff you can use on patio doors, and windows.

About $10 a box for enough to do the screen door 3+ times. It comes in different thickness's. The patio door stuff is usually heavier. Put the provided double sided tape on the screen door (on the side that is outside) cut the vinyl about 3-4" too big, with some help in no wind stick the vinyl to the tape. Then heat with a hair dryer to shrink and get the wrinkles out. Have it on our door since May and not a single problem.
You know that is a very interesting approach. Certainly a lot cheaper, less prone to mistakes, and if you screw up or need to just remove it, you're out $10. I was looking at >$50 the acrylic way. I will give this method a shot first and see if I like it. My goal at the end of the day is to be able to keep the main door open and let more light in and appear at home to friends strolling the CG. This stretch vinyl will keep the cool air out somewhat, and should accomplish what I want. If I want it out in the summer, then pull it down and repeat next winter for $10.
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote