View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #7
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

We like this trailer a lot. Now that we have spent the money to repair the damage done by the lack of Keystone finishing the trailer in the first place I have started doing some modifications.

The interesting thing about this trailer is the lack of a lot of the problems reported on this forum. Instead I had problems caused by things that were just not done on the assembly line.

When this trailer was still less than 2 years old I had a chance to look over the same model built within a very few months of ours and you would not believe it came from the same manufacturer. Then I looked at one that was also very near the production date of ours and they had all of the same problems I had but their selling dealer had repaired them. I am talking about things like replacing the end walls in the big slide because they were assembled with the wrong fasteners etc.

Because of a remark made by one on the technicians at Camping World in Robertsdale Alabama about their shop being a “completions center” not a sales center makes it pretty clear that Keystone depends on the selling dealer to finish building the trailer. My selling dealer didn’t have a technician able to use a VOM or change a tire without leaning the jack handle against the side of the trailed and damaging it.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote