View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #33
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Rich the range of torque values span 25 lbs, I am only saying there is no way that kind of difference would be seen. That to me is just common sense.

Everyone's opinions and posts are of value on these forums, I am not being critical of your post, only the information that has not in any way been supported by either the folks at Dexter or their own manual. That to me is very important to the impression some folks will believe is the proper way to torque the U bolts.

The "sillyness" is in not getting proper information from Dexter, which causes nothing but confusion.

dsprick if what you say were true then would it not follow that our TV would require the U bolts to be re-torgued as well.

One would assume that if the torque value of our Montana's U bolts which fall within the range Dexter give as min/max, they are safe and appropriate, in spite of the large range in values. This is a question I would ask Dexter, along with a confirmation of the difference you would see if you did it one way as opposed to the other. I do not believe anyone at Dexter knows that value, but may be prepared to perform this experiment at the rally, for me I will perform the test myself.
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote