View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Cleaning gray tanks?

Hi

We have had numerous threads here about how to keep your black tank clean. However there has been little about gray tanks.

Well I got a little education about gray tanks last week.

We had dumped and cleaned our tanks at the Pilot across the street from the restaurant where we joined the MOC group for lunch in Haines City Florida.

I forgot to close one of our gray tank valves, the galley tank. I did install the cap on the sewer outlet for travel.

When I got home I found the one by the driver’s side rear trailer tire the galley gray tank valve open.

Seeing as how it is just gray water and I am sure the horses we have had over the years had dumped worse than that on the ground in the back pasture so I took the trailer out back of the place and closed the open valve and the removed the screw on water hose cap that is located in the larger cap.

What came out was a mix of food stuff apparently left from washing dishes in the galley sink.

I just never thought of having to do anything to take care of any solids that might make their way down the galley drains.

Now I wonder if it would be a good idea to put a wash system in the gray tanks like the one in the black tank!

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote