View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 11:43 PM   #1
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
Zone 2 temperature sensor?

In Florida it is getting warm enough to let me play with the A/C units and test them out. The system has been working both the Zone 1 main unit that is located over the rear of the coach and Zone 2 over the bedroom at the front.

However, yesterday, I was trying to cool down the front bedroom a little and the A/C would never come on. I started checking things out and noticed that the Inside temp when I was on Zone 2 read 52-54 degs. The Zone 1 inside temp was 75 and outside it was in the 70's. Just for testing I put Zone 2 on Fan only and let it run, then noticed the Zone 1 inside temp was back to normal at 74. So I set the Zone 2 A/C target to be 71 and it came on for a while then stopped. Now the Zone 2 inside temp is back to 52-54 and the A/C will not run.

Zone 1 continues to work fine for both Furnace and A/C.

It's a good thing I don't really need A/C yet, but I need to get this fixed before summer. Obviously, it's the Zone 2 temp sensor or a connection from it to the thermostat.

Any idea where the Zone 2 sensor is? I'm guessing the Zone 1 is in the Dometic CCC2 Thermostat.
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote