View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 04:57 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Update on our Black tank leak.. Our Local dealer called this AM and our Extended Warranty(service contract) "Rv Shield" covered 100% of the repair less 50.00 deductible. That is Tank, plumbing, removal and installation of the underbelly (front two panels) replacement of the associated "artic Package" material and all labor cost.. Note that we paid 1014.00 for the 7 year contract 2 years ago and this single repair will exceed the cost of the 7 year contract and we still have 5 years left. Just a example for those who may be on the border line of Service contract or not....Of course you will not need it if nothing Expensive ever breaks. Oh they also covered the cost of replacing a leaky fitting on one of our hydraulic lines. Since the dealer is less than 2 miles from out driveway and the leak is at the very top of the tank the 3400 is in our driveway not at the dealer and we can use it if we need to. We stated our next trip was 26th of May and they see no problem in everything being done by then. Now I did speak in person to the tank vendor, the service contract administrator and made sure we were all on the same page and there would be no mistakes.. It cost me perhaps 6 phone calls and perhaps 1 hour of my time total..but it paid off..

Oh My shinny new Ford is in for a recall and a couple of flashes.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote