View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 02:54 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Good electrical gremlins for a change

To say that electricity is a complex creature is perhaps the understatement of the century. I recently posted about the benefits of the Hughes Autoformer and the warranty coverage. At our last outing last year at Thanksgiving in Destin, FL, it appeared that the autoformer had lost one side of the two hot feeds. When connected, one side worked, when disconnected, both worked. So we finally get to go camping this year and I figured I might as well double-check the Autoformer before spending $50 for the shipping to obtain the warranty coverage. Lo and behold, the daggone thing works correctly. The bad electric gremlin had been displaced by a good one. I am sure that somehow, it is ground related (most electrical problems are). There is no way to check since everything is now working properly, but regardless, I am happy that the proper functionality has returned!! Now we are truly ready for the Va - Mid-Atlantic Rally in a month!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote