View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 06:18 AM   #7
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
I just got back from the Dodge dealer on Wyoming and Lomas here in Albuquerque; wanted to see what they'd give me for my truck in trade for an O8 6.7 with auto. Appraiser went out to the truck, didn't even start it up, came back in and told me that I'd have better luck selling it myself since I'd chipped it. No way his dealership could sell it since they couldn't do warranty work on the engine given the way STAR was now-a-days. I told him it had never been chipped -- I had the guage package installed simply because I tow a heavier 5th wheel recreational vehicle and I wanted to know how the engine was performing and be safe. Told me to my face that I was most likely lying -- said only people who ran chips had guages!!! At that point I turned away from him, thanked the young sales man helping me (who I must admit, in retrospect, looked astonished at what he had just heard) and walked out. I'm still pissed -- wife says my face is red. Guess I'll go have a soda and cool off some!! I may call the dealership manager later today but it was best I leave right then -- I so wanted to do something to that aRs..... Oh well, my 5.9 is doing well......
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote