View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Doug: Don't!!

That said -- If you have any type of engine problem STAR is having the techs search for any signs of a chip ever being installed (velcro in the engine compartment, extra (loose) wires, GUAGES!! Now, besides being told that by the techs and service writers at 2 different dealerships (Manhattan KS and Topeka KS); I was also looking at trading to a 2008 3500 with the new 6.7 and automatic. Had a purchase order all written up (knew I was going to take a hit on the trade as KBB shows a big drop) however I was not expecting 5000 additional taken off because I have a guage set installed. Have never had a chip, only put the guages in because I tow (my dealer knows that as well). However, this estimate was done by the Dodge dealer on South Metcalf, Kansas City KS. The offered me 18K for my 06 3500 Larime; KBB shows 30; dealers call auction and have gotten 24 to 27 in Manhattan and Topeka. As I said, was blown away when he only offered me 18 and he came right out and told me it was because I had signs of having a chip in my truck.

So, just take it as my 2 cents worth.

skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote