View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 06:50 PM   #6
Josh_713
Established Member

M.O.C. #26352
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
My last camper was a Keystone Outback and I had a similar problem with all my doors, almost from the day I took delivery of the trailer. Only, mine actually dripped water. There are weep holes in the bottom (when the door is closed) that allows water to drain if (when) it gets inside the doors. Often times, I had a puddle of rusty looking water puddling on the track the door seats in. I had that trailer for 5 years and never did figure out what was allowing water to get inside the doors. After a while, I just gave up trying to find a solution. What so so strange was, sometimes water would be dripping from the bottom of the doors when it had been perfectly dry for days and days, then sometimes, it was perfectly dry after massive rain storms. I trided spraying with garden hoses and different sprayers. I could never get it to drip when I tried. It still remains a mystery to me.

I do know, these baggage doors do have weep holes in them. Maybe water is weeping "in" instead of "out." That's the only thing I can figure?
Thanks DS, I have noticed those weeping holes but haven’t seen any water on the sill. Perhaps these holes are clogged up with debris, therefore keeping any water from draining...? I’ll have a look tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Josh since your unit is a 2020, is it still under warranty? Also who was your dealer? I would go to the dealer and have them file a warranty repair with Keystone and see if Keystone comes back to repair or replace the doors. I would also call Keystone about a week or so after your dealer says they have file with Keystone (be sure to have your Vin# so they can check via that) and see if they actually have ( some say they do but they actually do not). If Keystone says they do not have a file started on your unit ask them to start one for your unit, then go back to the dealer and give them the file number Keystone has given you. Remember honey is better than vinegar when you talk to the Keystone Customer Rep. Stay calm, explain the problem, and ask for any help they can give you. If you get mad and etc at the Rep, it just turns them off and you will get nowhere. Let us know what comes of this.
Rondo... The unit was manufactured just before the turnover (mid summer) to the 2021’s. I took ownership on July 31st, 2020, so I should be covered.

I know exactly what you mean when you say ‘honey is better than vinegar’. With our last Monty (2016 3820FK), we had plenty of issues and finally after a year of back and forth with Keystone Warranty dept, they reimbursed me $2500 for “out of service time”. So yeah, you’re right... sometimes it does pay to keep your cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK A View Post
The water is getting inside the doors at the latches, AND around the edge at the aluminum extrusion that's not sealed to the outside. I sealed all of mine with Lexel clear sealant (very good stuff) and they stopped leaking.

Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by John and Barbara View Post
I did the same as Mark with silicone. Both doors were replaced under warranty and did the same thing until I sealed above the hinge. Once door dried out the blister went away.
Thanks guys, looks like I’ve got some caulking in my future. If only they thought of this at the factory...

2019 Ram 3500 Limited Mega Cab DRW
Josh_713 is offline   Reply With Quote