Thread: Roof Damage
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 03:21 PM   #13
saber707
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17531
Took my HC in last year for some work. The dealer called and said that I must have pulled under some trees because there was a hole in the roof. I was astounded as I had just recently been on the roof and had not taken the unit anywhere since (covered storage). I definitely had not been near any trees. They said it was about the size of a quarter. I said just eternabond it. They said that they were not allowed to do that. I then said, just leave it and I will take care of it when I get it back. They said that they could not allow that as it would void the warranty and that I needed to call my insurance company. Needless to say, I smelled a rat. I call USAA and they sent an appraiser to the dealer. He called me and said that the dealer wanted $10,000 to replace the roof. I like to have had a conniption fit. He ended up getting it done for $8,400. I am still mad about it. I think that there was a staple bulging under the rubber and that they pushed it through and gouged it with a finger to make it bigger. There was no other logical explanation for such a hole.
saber707 is offline   Reply With Quote