View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 12:02 PM   #5
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richcart View Post
We started full time travels last summer. I still work and have both an unlimited Verizon Mifi (program no longer available) and an ATT Mifi - both unlimited data. I will be retiring next month so I won't need both. Verizon cost me $65 and ATT $60 a month. During your travels how have you found either service availability? When you look at their coverage maps, they both show they cover most the US but we have found one has worked better than the other in certain locations. Of these two, how has your experience been?
There are more variables at play here beyond the their provided coverage maps. Add to that everyone’s internet needs differ. While for some watching Netflix and checking personal email may suffice, others livelihood may depend upon dependable and reliable internet access. I don’t use hotspots but have SIMs from Verizon and AT&T. My experience has been that I could not have functioned with either as a single carrier. I am actually looking for a third dat carrier to fill in the dead zones...but I have to have connectivity no matter what. If a a few days or a week of no internet or insufficient throughout then one of those two carriers will probably work. But again none of them has coverage everywhere.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote