View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
edmojenks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10127
Flat tire and what to do.

I've had the 5er for 1.5 years and finally had the first blowout. Called the road service and after 30 minutes they still couldn't find someone to come fix the flat. It's not like I was in the Az. desert. I was just across the river from Baton Rouge, LA.

I quess I was fortunate because the Sheriff's office came to my aid and literally changed the flat themselves. Here's my question. These two deputies had me run my good tire right next to the blow out up on the tinker toy stablizer blocks I use. This almost got the trailer up high enough to change the tire. I still had to raise one of the front stabilizer jacks to get the trailer up another 1/2 inch. Is there any potential damage to a Mor Ryde suspension jacking up a 5er this way? Second, if this is a safe method, does anyone know of something I can purchase that is designed to get your 5er high enough off the ground to change a tire? I am trying to avoid using a traditional jack and I don't want to be stuck again with a roundside service that is not finding anybody.
edmojenks is offline   Reply With Quote