View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 06:27 AM   #4
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
The hyd line you get at Napa auto parts store or any place that builds hyd lines will be ten times the quality of the OEM lines...

When you get ready to remove each line use a string on one end and pull hose through with string attached to other end..

This way when you install replacement line the string will make your job MUCH easier...

Also.. Cover the end of the replacement line end with a piece of tape when you get ready to pull through so that crap doesn't get into the open fitting end.

You will most likely find that the OEM hoses are way too long and the excess is coiled up and stuffed under the coroplast... Each replacement line I had made for my three slide outs was about 5 feet too long .. shortening the new ones will save cost wise and you dont have all that excess laying up under the coroplast.

Images of my hose being replaced... The forward section of coroplast was dropped enough to locate the extend hose and untangle the excess coil of hose line while removing...

The two main hyd slide hoses ended up being made at about 25 feet of length each... OEM length was 30 feet.... I started to drop all the coroplast at the back end but after fighting with it and realizing my hyd fittings on the slide out cylinders were directly above the spare tire carrier bracket mount I lowered the spare and made a 3 sided cut in coroplast to gain access to both extend lines on each actuator rod end

Wife and I did this task together and it took about 2 hours to replace all 3 extend lines that were chaffed .. return lines were ok so we kept them as is for now...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hose.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	10237   Click image for larger version

Name:	hose2.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	10238   Click image for larger version

Name:	hose3.jpg
Views:	53