View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 08:13 AM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Considering you are currently an RV owner, and an owner of a Keystone product, you are in a great position to formulate your own opinion. Every camper, when brand new, will have initial issues. And unfortunately, those issues do not unearth until the camper is actually in use. A camper that sits stationary and never moves will never have issues with tires blowing on the side of the road, or the bed of the truck making contact with the over hang of the trailer (for example). Screws, bolts, and cabinet doors and shelves will never bounce around and break off either. But, bounce these campers down the road in 70 mph, hitting transition joints on bridges, pot hole, and cutting corners too short, and things happen ... to all of them.

I can't say how good a "quality" a new RV is today. All I know is, today is is 3 year anniversary when we signed the dotted line for our current montana! And in 3 years, I have fixed, repaired, and adjusted so many different things on this camper, I truly do feel like I've rebuilt it from the ground up.

My advise is, and I STRONGLY advise, if you purchase a new camper and REALLY plan on full timing, purchase the camper at least a year ahead of your intended full time, sell the house and hit the road strategy. Why? It gives you a year to fix all the "fixes", which is easier to do in your own driveway than on the side of the road.

You will have initial shake out problems with your new camper. Count on that. It's how you deal with those problems that makes or breaks the love-hate relationship we all have with our Montana's! (But hopefully, the "Love" is greater than the "hate.")
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote