View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 05:46 PM   #1
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
On-demand water heater error code E6

Our unit has the Suburban Nautilus IW60 on demand water heater.
We have not used the RV since COVID hit and I am getting things ready to go for our first trip in October.

Decided to test the water heater today. Got the propane going on the stove, turned on the hot water at the sink - water heater fan came on - but I did not hear any "clicking" for it to fire and light. Error code E6 shows on the display...air pressure switch fault - air pressure switch or fan abnormal. The air pressure switch is the thing I highlighted in the diagram below.

Called Airxcel Suburban - they do not offer help to customers any longer. Contact your service center. I drove to the service center 20 minutes away and talked to them. They are currently scheduling service appointments for February appointments and will keep the rig 45 days. The tech advised me to just keep trying to get it to fire...could be air in the line.

1. First question - has any one of you guys had this issue before? and what was the solution?
2. I can buy a whole new unit on Amazon for less than $600 and try to install it myself. Anybody out there ever tried an install one of these?

If neither of those options work - we will be using the campground showers and laundry on this trip...like we did in the pop-up years ago. It is not the end of the world!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-09-15_18-25-15.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	10179   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-09-15_18-23-01x.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	10180  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote