Thread: Fuel stops
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 10:55 AM   #33
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
The gravity feed kits that you buy to gravity feed the rds tanks are called diesel
install kits and say not to be used with gasoline.

At least that's what I saw when I deliberated on them for months. I ended up buying an rds tank with a pump in the toolbox because I didn't like the idea of having bottom flow and a valve in the bottom of the bed to be knocked off.

I run diesel btw.
You realize that even pumped systems draw from the bottom of the tank... Plus you can put an in line filter on both gravity and pump feed. The valve for gravity feed is on the ends of the tank, they are not in harms way at all.

I had a pump feed on the 2011 F350 I traded for the new Ram 3500 which I installed gravity feed. I chose Gravity this time as the pump feed you have to be careful to make sure you do not accidently pump when your main is full. Frankly I did not see the benefit of pump feed for near triple the cost. That is not to say Pump is bad it is just personal preference.

By the way Gravity feed the outlet is about 1" above the bottom of the tank so if you have more sediment/bacteria/sludge than that you have a much bigger problem.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote