View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 11:32 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

........... I'm finding that if before I even set the wheel chocks if I set the emergency brake before putting the truck into park, that solves the problem 99% of the time. ...........
Steve, your method works fine IF the last direction you were headed in was reverse and the pressure is off of the pin and on the hitch. If you are pulling into a drive thru than the pressure is on the back of the hitch and against the pin and by setting the brake you retain the pressure on the pin.
By backing into the chock the pressure is completely off the pin and the lever can be pulled. Also the height has nothing to do with pulling the lever to release the hitch. The height is important when pulling away so as the bin box doesn't drag to heavily on the hitch. Those that were at the rally in Goshen can remember the fellow that dropped his 5er onto the bed rails. The hitch was released but the weight of the trailer was still on the hitch plate.

Pete, the excessive "thunking" when pulling out from a stop was corrected at the Pullrite plant by adding a spacer. I'm not even sure where this spacer went but the thunking did stop. You may want to contact PullRite at 877-PULLRITE on that one.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote