Thread: HELP! for Sue
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 06:35 PM   #9
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Actually the first call Sue made to me yesterday prior to her second call of today was to find out where the hot water by-pass was and how to access it. I told her since I had dug around and found it last year when she first got her 3400RL. I have to say they couldn't have made it harder to access if they tried. For the life of me I can't figure out why it doesn't have a cupboard door on it for easier access instead of unscrewing a panel or the furnace vents.

She called me about an hour after the first post I did here and said that her husband had read the manual and there was a reset button actually on the hot water heater. Once they did that, the problem went away.

I don't believe we have a reset button on ours and if we do I've never seen it and am not sure I could reach it either.

Gruffy I will have to get back to you on the check valve, pressure valve. Last summer I read in the manual for the heater that I needed to simply relieve some of the water by means of the valve outside, the pressure valve and that should eliminate enough water to replenish the bubble. It also said that the valve should do this itself when the pressure builds up and if it doesn't the pressure will find the path of least resistance, which in my case is where the hot water line goes into the faucet.

It's late here right now, so I will go out in the camper tomorrow and find the manual and check to see if I am not mistaken.

The best news of all of course is that my sister Sue and her family made it safely to Florida and they'll settle in tomorrow.

Thank you for everyone who replied. I greatly appreciate it.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote