Thread: Pay it forward
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 02:55 AM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Ozz, I agree 100% when I was in the Landscape/Lawn care business, I did a lot of free lawn care for free. My equipment was high dollar (John Deere Green) if you know what I mean, most all of my big mowers cost $10,000 plus. But when those little old ladies would ask how much do you charge it was always much less and in some cases, I would just say the job didn't take that long and wouldn't charge nothing. It has repaid me a thousand fold.

Delaine is the same way, when we went full timing we had a yard sale and in some cases she would give things away, I couldn't understand, but now I know. Its always better to give than to receive. Each time we would get a new 5th wheel we would give the TV's away, the looks on their face when you give someone a new 27" TV or a 19". Was in Texas one time and gave away a new RV couch and two ultra leather chairs the expression on their face is worth more than money. As a matter of fact Delaine has given our 92" RV couch to a Amish girl who is getting married in June. Its always better to pay it forward. GBY.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote