View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 08:26 AM   #69
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Just think, if no one bought new, there wouldn't be any used to purchase.
I've looked at used, but always wonder why that extremely low mileage truck is back at a dealer. I know for a fact that I traded in several lemons to get away from all the issues they had.
I said the same exact thing earlier in this thread. If it wasn't for those new truck buyers there wouldn't be any used vehicles for us used buyers to choose from.

I got a great deal on my truck and trade in when I bought it in February. Several friends said that's a great deal there's got to be something wrong with it. To tell you the truth I was a little leery since the truck has had two previous owners with only 4600 miles on it. It hadn't even had its first oil change yet. The Carfax stated that both previous owner's were commercial so I'm guessing it was just a show truck to impress clients or something. Since February it's towed the Monte 4000 miles or so with no issues whatsoever.

Over the past 40 plus years I have only bought two new vehicles along with numerous used ones. Believe it or not the only major problems I had with any of those Vehicles were the two new ones. I bought a new 90 Ford F150 that had to have the moter rebuilt at 10,000 miles for a rod knock. I bought new 02 Chevy Duramax that was on the back of a rollback due to failed injectors at 70,000 miles. No major issues with the used vehicles with the exception of a 97 Dodge diesel. Had to rebuild the transmission on that truck twice.

So you are correct while buying used, it is definitely the luck of the draw but a truck with such low mileage is still under factory warranty for quite some time.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote