View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 09:55 PM   #66
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I think anyone doing what we do makes choices on what they think, believe and want. Whatever you or I choose to do is not "stupid", it's what we want to do...and as far as I'm concerned that preference, if it doesn't affect me, is 100% on that individual and not my concern.

Buying used is good for some folks but not for me. I am very specific in what I want, I have very little patience (I'm not going to walk to the end of the earth trying to find a used vehicle like I want) and I don't care what a vehicle costs. I will make sure that what I pay is the best that can be had but I'm not worrying about finding a used "something" somewhere that fits my criteria to save 2k. Hard enough doing that with new, next to impossible with used.

My financial guy buys used as well. Advocated that to me and told him what I thought of it. He said to be frugal you should look for a good "used" deal to save money....but, you don't have to worry about that so get what you want...and I do. I don't view that as stupid...just doing what I do without trying to pass judgement on anyone else. Everyone floats their boat in a different way....don't know that anyone is stupid or "unwise" based on someone else's thoughts or position in life
Like I said I chose the wrong words. Sorry to ruffle anyone's feathers I didn't mean it that way. I think what makes a big difference when we all Converse about these things is not knowing each other personally.
We all have different occupations and I'm sure we all make vastly different money. I'm sure there are members that are well into the six-figure range and others that only make 30k. I suppose if I had money to burn I would buy new trucks and campers also.
I envy all who can afford to trade-in trucks and buy a new one every 3 or 4 years and buy new campers every 3 or 4 years. But I think the vast majority of us do not have that ability
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote