View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 03:47 PM   #40
mudrockatc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24660
I agree with those folks who use a Kamado grill of some kind, my best friend has a HUGE Green Egg at his home, and we have had some great cook outs with it, but it ways about 400LBS, lol. We do have a Weber Q, and used it for years, but I really missed the charcoal flavor, finally decided on a Char Griller Akorn Jr. Same cooking method as the Egg or any other Kamado type grill, kinda like an old wood stove, with a "flue" on top, and dampers on the bottom, once you get used to where to put them for different meats etc, really easy. Has a cast iron grate, I just wire brush it occasionally, or crank the heat up and burn residue off, have had it for several years, we like it so much we are going to get a bigger one for the house. It will hit 700 degrees in no time, using lump charcoal, close the vents, will go out and have plenty charcoal for the next cook, just right size for my DW and I, two big T-bones, really good beer can chicken, and cedar planked salmon that will MAKE YOUR TONGUE JUMP UP AND LAP YOUR BRAINS OUT!!!! LOL, only weighs about 30 lbs, I stick it in the front compartment of the Monty along with a bag of lump. Would also advise buying the smoking stone, I use it for almost everything except steak, for indirect heat and longer smokes. For the inch steaks, no stone, takes 6 min @ 550 degrees! DELICIOUS! Also highly recommend Dizzy Pig seasonings, will try to post a little pic, had trouble last time, just my 10 cents!!, lol
Attached Images

mudrockatc is offline   Reply With Quote