View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #13
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
Wildhorse

amount of black water that got in the trailer is difficult to tell as the trailer was slightly out of level, so the water puddeled mainly on 3/4 of the left side. The carpet in the rear/ bedroom was very "sloshy" . The right side of the trailer saw little to no water, because, the wife and I were outside the trailer and noticed the problem pretty quick.

As for pilling up the part of the caroet/vinyl....Servopro pulled what they could and the Repair shop will pull up the rest. The repair shop will be pulling up some of the cabinets and ServPro did pull panels off the bottom of the trailer to test for wetness with guages. None was found. I am told by the repair shop that the way the floors are put together at the factory is, the vinyl is laid down over the entire floor and then folded over the edges and tack down. Then the floor is laid onto the frame. All of this is done before any cabinets go in. Water should never reach the subfloor from the top. (in a perfect world) Now the water was coming out the bottom of the traielr at the seem of the front slide out so I am not sure of that water ever made it to the underbelly area. Another point about pulling some cabinets, is that some cabinets are built from floor to ceiling and may be tacked from the top of the trailer and under the rubber top. Thise cabinets may be difficult to remove. Of course if they have to they have to.

I can see where some trailers could be considered totaled with more severe damage.

Also, I will have to ask about the damaged area being "sealed". Thanks for the heads up.

I agree that

G McCall is offline   Reply With Quote