Thread: Fuel tank
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 03:49 AM   #6
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
There has been a lot said about after market fuel tanks. That said, we have a transfer flow 45 gal tank installed on our 05 GMC short bed truck. it replaced the 25 gal tank that came with it. And yes, a plastic tank would have been easier to install. The transfer flow was designed just for our truck with the proper angles to be installed easy. We used our old fuel gage on the new tank. So far we are very pleased with the addition. And yes, we stop more often than we need fuel. I figure we can make over 400 miles on a tank now with several pit stops. I have seen no change or sag in the rear with the extra weight. I usually don't fill the tank all the way up unless were going to travel with the Montana.
The tank is peace of mind. One sunday traveling with our old F-350, on state roads, when we fianally found a station, it took 37 gal, one gal short of being out of fuel and late at nite. 45 gal plus another 5 gal in the storage box makes me feel a lot better.
Be sure the plastic tank has all of the right angles for installation. On the GMC, there is an exterior trans cooler that the tank has to go around. The price is about the same as I paid for the transfer Flow.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote