View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 08:34 PM   #18
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
MDT trucks are the 4, 5, and 6 series trucks, and HDT trucks are 7 and 8 series trucks. So, 450 and 4500 trucks are 4 series, and 550 and 5500 are 5 series trucks, and so on.
That answers that! Thanks.

I guess the next thing to do is look at the body styles and overall dimensions of the MDT trucks to see if they would be comparable to some degree with a 1 ton dually. I have seen some that I would not hesitate to drive daily and I am not afraid of the larger trucks but I am realistic. Driving a 1 ton dually on city streets is one thing but a full blown HDT tractor is another. I know that I preach about how wimpy someone is if they don't want to drive a dually but even I have my limits.

I would not hesitate to drive an HDT down the interstate (I started out on trucks in the oilfield) but as I mentioned I would have a small daily if that was the tow vehicle and that would defeat the primary purpose for us buying a larger trailer......

Many thanks for everyone's responses. This is a tough decision we have to make. Trying to decide between Class A diesel or custom 5th wheel.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote