View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 07:18 PM   #11
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
I hate saying this but I've been telling folks here on the Forum and also on the Montana Owners Facebook page that the use of the Anderson Hitch is not approved by Keystone or Lippert but nobody seemed to listen. Sam stated that the only one approved for a gooseneck setup is the Lippert Goosebox and all others if used would void the frame work warranty. I can understand because Lippert/LCI wants to sell their version of the hitch and it has been tested by them accordingly not putting as much stress on the frame. If folks would be able to look at the framework of the Montana/High Country and be able to see the comparison between it and the framework of an actual gooseneck trailer they would see why they are not recommended. A gooseneck trailers framework is nearly twice as strong and reinforced than a fifth wheel framework. I'll get off my soapbox now.
I'm looking forward to the next two episodes of the Virtual Rally and hope more Montana owners will be watching it also. A lot of good information came from this first session and I know more will be in the final two. Good job to the Wagon Master Team, Keystone Montana and Social Knowledge!
To clarify, the goosebox is made by Reese not Lippert; unless I missed something and Lippert bought Reese now?

And, again for clarification; as to the AUH -- up until today, the official position of Keystone/Montana was that the AUH was warranty approved, so any warnings prior to today would not have been promoted by them.

But I totally agree with your information about the differences between a 5th wheel frame and a goose neck trailer; that is big part of why I am looking at moving away from the AUH to a goosebox.

...more on the other thread...

I'm really looking forward to Day 2 and the focus on solar!

Brad