View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #39
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for the info. I've only used cat scales, grain elevators, and one city scale and always wished they had more specific weights. That would be nice.

I'm glad Dodge says regular diesel is ok. So far no problem with the dpf. Hopefully it won't be a problem. I know they've been used in Europe for awhile but I have no idea their actual operating experience with them. I did read that they will someday be thought about like the cat converter is. They're usually invisible unless there's a problem. I remember as you probably do when the cat first came out we all thought it would be the end of the modern automobile and its performance.

If a Dodge or Cummins diesel guy told me what the Ford diesel guy told you, I'd sure be listening to him, too. I'm glad to hear your truck is doing much better. I sure couldn't understand why it was doing so poorly but it all makes sense now. And it's nice to have a clue to the cause if something like that afflicts mine in the future. Your reports are appreciated.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote