View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #33
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Broome101

Steve I have SRW long Bed F350 Crew cab i am at 8,900lbs loaded full tank 2 adults 2 kids, tool box full of just in cases.
Broome, yours is then a bit heavier than mine. I have never weighed with kids in mine but with two adults it would come out to 8560. The toolbox is also very full and loaded heavily, as is yours. I don't know how big your kids are but we're pretty close in weight with yours maybe being a couple hundred pounds heavier, depending on how big the kids.

My towing mileage is a little bit less than Dale reports he is getting. It's still pretty good, though. And, as he said, I'd recommend someone looking for a tow vehicle go into that process knowing that all three do an excellent job. So, pick the truck on the other things you like about it so you get the one that is the best fit for you. That's what we did and we got the best fit for us. At this time. Next time may differ as those who know I drove Fords for years are aware. I drove all three and liked things about them all. But I bought the one I liked best for our particular situation.

Dale, that's yet another 1 ton SRW GM. What on earth were those dealers telling me? One of those dealers was near you. In Elkhart.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote