View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 08:18 AM   #20
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianVer2 View Post
....I see there is a circuit panel with a lot of relays on the front facing wall of the battery compartment. It has instructions for reprogramming it. But I have no idea what it does. It has a momentary contact button and either an LED or a receiver for a remote control as it says something about using a remote.

Is there an auxiliary DC input for the Photovoltaic system? Two last questions: Where is the inverter/charger? Where is the AC panel?.....
Thanks so much,
Brian and Nell
Relays is a pretty generic term and probably doesn't apply to this Montana. The rectangular box up on the back wall of the battery compartment is the "brains" for the remote control. A 2012 came with a remote control that actuated the jacks, hydraulic sides, awning and scare lights. You probably don't have it and they are hard to find. The "brain" has a tendency to fail and make the physical switched inoperative. There is lots of discussion here on how to fix that if should occur.

Also on the back wall of the battery compartment, as part of the 12V wiring, are two 12V self-resetting circuit breakers. They have red plastic caps on them. The one that feeds the hydraulic pump is undersized and should be upgraded from a 50 amp to an 80 amp one.

I don't know what you are referring to when you wrote "auxiliary DC input for the Photovoltaic system?"

The 120V AC circuit breaker panel and 12V fuse panel along with the converter (there was no inverter on a 2012) is located in the bathroom of a 3400RL as I recall (funky spot). The converter is part of the CB/Fuse panel and is probably a Progressive Dynamics 75 amp type.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote