View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 03:33 PM   #15
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Joe, check your water source FIRST to make sure its not coming from your water source. Then, if you have a Suburban brand water heater, check your anode rod. To sanitize your system, here is the formula.

Sanitize Fresh Water Tank

1/4 cup bleach for every 15 gallons of tank capacity. Include your hot water tank capacity added to your fresh tank capacity. I add the bleach to a gallon of water and pour it into my fresh water tank through my fresh water overflow. The overflow has a removable cover with a screen. I remove both the cover and screen and use a funnel with a clear hose/tube into my tank and add it to my tank. If you cannot do it this way, you can probably add it to an empty water hose and connect to your city water intake. Fill the hose with the bleach water, Then hook up to city water and use city water to force it into your fresh tank. Empty your hot water tank first. Then fill your fresh water tank with the bleach water. Do NOT bypass your hot water heater. You want it to fill it with the bleach water. Run all your cold water faucets with your fresh water pump, so that your pump also gets sanitized, till you smell some bleach. Then do the same with your hot water faucets. Do NOT turn on the hot water heater while doing this. Let all the bleach water in your lines and tanks sit for at least 8 hours. Then drain your fresh tank and hot water and fill again with with fresh water. Run all your faucets again and flush them thoroughly using your fresh water pump, not city water. Once flushed well, you should be good to go. Any bleach left in the system will NOT hurt anyone and will flush out as you use your system. I sanitize about every 6 months depending on how much I use my system. Hope this helps. Happy Camping!
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote