View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 06:05 PM   #9
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Born in the 50's here as well. Guess I've done most jobs in life other than carpentry. I remember if the generator (yes generator not alternator) went out on a tractor, one didn't go get a new generator or even a rebuilt one from the dealer. One instead got a rebuild kit and rebuilt the generator themselves. Same for alternators later on and even water pumps. Have you seen a tractor "technician" make a service call to a farm lately to work on a tractor? When he - or she - comes out for a service call, first thing in their hand as they get out of the service truck is a laptop to connect to the can buss. Without some electronic whiz bang gizmo, they no longer know how to make repairs. Guess that is why they are no longer referred to as mechanics.
I'll be honest with everyone here. My 16 year old granddaughter is my youngest grandchild, and many are the nights I've laid awake the majority of the night with worry over what her world and life ahead will look like. From a veteran's perspective, the mindset of the current culture in this country truly astounds and baffles me. I joined MOC because we purchased a MHC and I wanted to learn as much as possible about the specific Montana and MHC line as possible, as well to hopefully learn from other's mistakes. What is the old expression? Those who fail to remember history are doomed to repeat the same mistakes? The reason I continue to check the forum regularly now is mainly because I've found so many others who not only freely share their knowledge and wisdom, but are also have the same mind set for the most part.
I have reservations about the "golden years" ahead, but take solace in knowing that we are all in this together. Hopefully will meet some of you along our travels and get to sit around a campfire discussing our rigs and life in general.
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote