View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 08:56 AM   #9
Bob & Debbie
Established Member

M.O.C. #21134
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster100 View Post
All pretty minor issues, pretty standard regardless of which brand or how much you pay for them. Really a crooked toilet seat ??? fix the loose bolts, trim falling off, standard on all, they tack it on and glue it, when it gets hot out and you are going down the road the glue is heated and lets go. Fix it with silicone and a few small trim nails. The electrical box outside is standard on most, what is the concern ?

The popping noise is an easy fix as well, look on line and it tells you what to add to stop the issue, thing is this has been a known problem and the dealer should have just replaced the fluid at PDI as ours did (without asking) so there is no issue.

The Den wall seems to be a common issue with these things, I had the same issue and after some inspection of the construction discovered why, they use some screws (not strong enough) some chipboard for supports instead of solid oak, ash or maple hardwood for the corners, floor etc and low and behold the den chairs lean on the wall when tilted back and when going down the road the wall flex's with the bumps and presto the screws snap and the wall gets loose. I made new corner & floor supports, took out the crap screws and replaced with bigger # 6 stainless, drilled pilot holes and installed 4 times as many of them and now you could likely hit the wall with a 20lb sledge and not dislodge it. It's been good ever since, they do need to address this issue at the factory, such and easy fix. Took me a couple hours and a trip to Home Depot...

I continue to be amazed at the amount of concern over minor issues that are so easy to address yourself. After 35 plus years of RVing if I took the RV back to the dealer everytime a minor issue came up I'd likely be waiting for it much more than using it...

These things go down the road at 60-70mph, try that with your house and see how it holds up...

No matter the brand the same stuff happens, it comes with the ownership of an RV, if you didn't expect such then your really didn't research much prior to buying.

Sorry for your troubles
Speedster100 - I think that's the problem with the manufacturer's lack of QC - we just accept that these things will happen and fix them ourselves. They know these are going to go down the road so why not build them with all the fixes you just mentioned? Unless and until the owners demand more quality it won't ever happen.
Bob & Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote