View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 03:12 AM   #33
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Robbie, if I didn't have them I'd be cleaning them off in rain, snow, ice, etc! And ice and snow won't roll right off the slide like it does the topper. I'll keep them, thanks anyhow! But, I know you don't get anywhere close to ice so not having them works great for you!
Steve,

Sounds like to me, people are having to deal with their slide toppers in horrible weather.

Currently, we are sitting at the Goosenecks. It is snowing and 31* outside. Tomorrow morning, like every single other occurrence like this, I will get my trusty ladder, my floor broom with the long handle, and in 5-10 minutes, will be able to effortlessly slide all the snow and ice off the tops of my slides.

That 5-10 minutes I spent is far less time than anyone I know of who owns slide-toppers has spent trying to lessen the impact of their lives from the noise and the worry of torn fabric; these poor misinformed people purchased straps and beach balls, air mattresses and de-flappers and who know what else. Read the posts!

...how about when the slide-toppers roll-in? they dump leaves and mud and whatever else on the side of your trailer? that would take more than 5 minutes to clean up....how much does this convenience cost installed, anyway?

How about considering NOT having them at all??

When someone asks about slide-toppers and their convenience, I'll do my best to dissuade them, then, I'll slide them the highly prized louvered tailgate catalog.

Thanks, but no-sale on the slide-toppers, here...I'll save my money and use the old broom and a bit of common sense. Geesh!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote