View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 09:14 PM   #26
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
Smile Slide out problems

A couple of us at our RV resort were experiencing problems with scuffing or black marks on our transition carpeting or linoleum from the large hydraulic operated slide-outs. The black marks deposited on the transition carpet and linoleum came from glue residue and bits of the black plastic from the OEM slide-out skis. Eventually, we found a large piece of black plastic and then another. So, we purchased the AP Product sled pack to buy some time.

Both Lipperts product and AP work the same. Below is an Amazon link to AP, if you're interested.

https://www.amazon.com/AP-Products-0...6102476&sr=8-2

Our dealer recommended replacing with the OEM plastic crap. We said, "No". We found a link to Duo-Form skis, which are an aftermarket product that's thicker and wider than the OEM, thereby partially addressing the issue. They cost about $81 shipped and are made by a company located just 8 miles NNE of Elkhart, Indiana. We found a reputable RV repair shop and had them installed, took a couple hours. The staff at the repair shop recommended we continue to use the AP portable skis as insurance. We have 3 slides on our 5th, which is now 4years old, and all the Darco material looks in excellent shape. No wear whatsoever. The slide out issue involved only one slide. I think the problem is two-fold, 1) the slide needs some adjustment and 2) the OEM skis are crap, thin plastic. As long as we have good moisture seal, I'm leaving it alone. I also believe that slide adjustments are often beyond the scope of most RV dealerships. We seemed to have solved the problem because it's working great now.
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote