View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
I've watched a couple of setups like that by Less Junk More Journey and Mortons On The Move. Both are far more elaborate and complex than what I'm working on.

In order stay under the 30A limit of the prep I've gone with 48V series groups wired in parallel. Currently have two four panel groups with room and wiring for one more four panel group running through a Renogy 60A MPPT charge controller.

The plan is to remove all of the outlet circuits from the power center and install them in a sub panel that's fed via a 30A circuit from the power center or a 3000W inverter controlled by a 30A transfer switch. Still collecting components as our budget will allow. I've got everything except lithium batteries and the inverter.

Basically all of the low draw circuits will run off the batteries until plugged into shore power or generator. Still have to run the generator for AC or laundry but the microwave and all the rest of the lower draw stuff will be off batteries. By comparison to some of the fancy systems it's almost analog.

R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote