View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 06:47 AM   #16
TK1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21975
Broken Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
I got a phone call yesterday from our CG owner about 2 hours after we had left our Montana. The maintenance guy while mowing found that we had a broken window. Amazingly, they said it could NOT possibly have been a rock kicked up by that high powered, high speed bladed mower. I can't argue that point since we weren't there but have a very special term starting with the word "Bull".

My wife walked around the camper once and I did it twice to check for open windows, turn off the water and check hatch locks It is covered by insurance so it wont hurt too much besides the inconvenience

Now, the point of this thread - has anyone found an on-line source for replacement glass only. Many, including Trekwood will sell complete windows but in a so far cursory look, haven't found a glass source yet. I'll be checking the local glass companys as well, but chance of finding the right color may be slim. If it ends up that I need to replace the entire window, Hehr, in their wisdom, has put the part number on the inside of the frame - grrrr

Another project is looming, whichever way I go

We had the a similar situation just last week. The maintenance man at the facility where we store our 2008 3400RL called to let me know that while mowing the grass his lawnmower kicked up a stone that shattered our rear window. The difference here is that the facility accepted responsibility and offered up front to pay for the repairs. We ended up having the shop that does our service work (Southern Comfort RV Service) come out and remove the entire window assembly and take it to a local glass shop where they had to make a template and send it to the glass supplier to have a piece (48x72) cut and tempered. The downside is that we may have to postpone our next trip while we wait for the glass to arrive. As an alternative we checked with Trekwood on buying the entire assembly. Trekwood quoted the window assembly at $505.00 plus $350.00 freight with a 5 to 6 week lead time and the caveat that even thought we provided the which they needed to match the part number they would not guarantee that it would fit and that not accept a return if it didn't
TK1 is offline   Reply With Quote