Thread: WiFi question
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 09:29 PM   #2
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgarcia View Post
Hey everyone! I’m new to fifth wheel life and just recently sold my house to fifth wheel for a few years. Anyone have recommendations for best WiFi options? I burned thru my phone hotspot pretty quick and from what I read online, furry on isn’t way to go. Any ideas?
I have tried a few different systems, but this is the best I've used so far and it is really good... Ubiquiti Nanostation and Aircube AC.

Ubiquiti is known for big wifi connection systems, and can be a bit technical to setup. This is a really good video that simplifies how to set this system up...

Once setup, the system is rock solid.

A couple of notes though:
-many RV parks are limiting the ability of any wifi antenna and/or router to share the signal with other devices. So you end up having to connect your devices individually and get whatever speed you can.
-a wifi antenna and router like the above system will do a great job of connecting to the park wifi, but if the park wifi is slow you will be slow.

As a result of the above, my wife and I still keep a good data plan on our phones to use as hotspots when needed.

HtH,
Brad
kowbra is offline   Reply With Quote