View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 08:18 AM   #14
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I wish I never had any equipment problems to interfere with my schedule, but it happens. I wish I could go any to a service provider along my route and get prompt service. I wish all RV repair shops carried an inventory that included any part or appliance that might have trouble so I could get instant replacement, but they don't.

It is difficult when things go wrong and my plans must be canceled or delayed. I get angry when I can't get what I want when I want it. It is hard to be and act rationally when my emotions are running high. My wishes need to be educated by reality to help me realign my expectations into realistic expectations rather than unrealistic ones.

I need to have realistic expectations of Montana/Keystone, service companies and their employees, and the time it takes to get things fixed. The learning curve can be frustrating.

Recently, I lost my converter, microwave/convection oven, television, DVD/surround sound system, and satellite converter box all in a matter of a few seconds, all under warranty. We sat in Missouri two weeks waiting for delivery of replacement appliances. We were 5 weeks without our microwave/convection oven because the first warranty replacement was faulty and another had to be shipped.

This was not convenient nor did things occur according to our wishes. We had to adjust our expectations to the realities of the warranty replacement system. Even though my dealer/service provider wanted to handle things more quickly, he could not install before the appliances got to his shop. Further, he had no control over whether the new appliances were in working order when he received them.

I wish many things in this world were different, but they are what they are. I need to learn what I can change and learn to live with what I can't. It reduces stress and leaves room for the pursuit of happiness.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote