View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 12:59 PM   #6
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
Keystone’s customer support fails again. On our current trip, one of our frameless, tip-out windows shattered. Since we are going to be on the road for another month, we wanted to order a replacement window; shipped to a location down the road for us. I called LCI and was told they would sell me the window, but they needed a part number that only Keystone could supply. So, my next call was to Keystone Customer Service. A lady answered and, after I explained our situation, she very abruptly (even rudely) told me there was nothing they could do for me “you have to take it into your dealer”. I repeated that we were on the road, hundreds of miles from home, wanted to get the window fixed as soon as possible and had no plans to be near a dealer for the time (hours or days) it would take them to look at my rig. She then lied to me and said Keystone did not have the part number; I had to call a dealer. Nonsense, if Keystone does not have the part numbers, where does a dealer get them? I asked to speak to a manager; she refused and said “a manager can’t help you either”. By this time, I was getting rather upset and told her I was fed up with Keystone’s “you have to take it to a dealer” attitude; Keystone would not be in my future purchase plans. All I want is a simple part number.

So where does this leave me? I called three dealers on the route ahead of us to see if one could order a window or at least give me a part number. Two said the parts department was busy and they would call me back, one told me he would research it, might be able to get the window in four weeks and after it came in, we could schedule the install another several weeks after that. It has been six days, and, as I suspected, not one of them has called me back.

I guess we will continue traveling with plastic in our window; no idea how or when I am going to get it fixed.

Sorry for the rant; of course, everyone here knows Keystone Customer Service is a joke. I find it odd that the same company that provides outstanding service to us at the national rally refuses to help the rest of the year. Are these really the same people? This is not what I expected when I paid a ton of money for this Montana. I have experienced this lack of support since we bought the unit and I seriously doubt I will consider buying another Keystone product nor recommend one to others.

What size is the window?
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote