View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 04:03 PM   #1
BarkingCrow
Established Member

M.O.C. #23127
Thought it was the sail switch, but...

2019 Montana High Country 331RL

We've had instances where the furnace would try to come up, but it wouldn't ignite and would eventually shut itself off (after about 30 seconds) and wouldn't attempt to come back until the on/off switch on on the unit is reset. All of my research and discussion with the dealer seemed to point to the sail switch. I even have the '1 blink per 3 seconds' of the troubleshooting indicator, which again, points to the sail/limit switch. It could also be a problem with airflow, but I cannot find a single problem with the airflow.

I found a replacement sail switch online, ordered it ($15, so I was pleased) and replaced the switch when it came in. Other than the color of the plastic housing of the switch being different the switch is identical to the one it is replacing. So, replacement done... let's bump up the furnace to see if it works.

Pretty much the same thing. The unit kicks on, pauses for 5-10 seconds and it tries to ignite. It does sometimes ignite and blows wonderfully hot air but only for about 5 seconds. Sometimes it might be 15-20 seconds, but eventually it cuts off. The blower motor is still running, but it eventually turns off as well.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,

D
BarkingCrow is offline   Reply With Quote