View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 10:12 AM   #9
OldJimi
Established Member

M.O.C. #31788
Thanks everyone! I haven't figured out yet how to update my signature with my rig info, but I will mention that I am trying out a Pullrite Superlite hitch - an adapter with a ball is mounted on the kingpin box and a receiver cup with a frame is attached to the ball in the bed. I used a B+W turnover ball 5th wheel mount on my last rig and liked it, but I've gotten older and wanted something a bit lighter to handle, plus it offered the flexibility of hitching on uneven ground and at an off angle from the trailer. Like I'm going to get out in some rough country the boondocks with it, LoL.
I've put several hundred miles on the highway with it and the handling hasn't seemed as smooth as my my last set up and I'm not yet sure why. Everything is different - the pin box rubber is locked so it doesn't flex, the B+W had cushion rubber as well, and I had Timbrens on my Ram 2500. The new rig is longer, heavier, there is no cushion in the hitch link, and my Ford 350 doesn't have Timbrens. It may have them in a few weeks, depending on how it handles on our upcoming trip from Pensacola back to the dealership in St. Augustine.
OldJimi is offline   Reply With Quote